Featured & Archives
Author: Amber Baldet This decade will be remembered for the rise of surveillance capitalism—yet as bad as it has become, the next decade will probably be worse.
Fortune 2017 40 Under 40, #31: Baldet is here to smash any preconceptions you might have had about the banking industry. A regular at hacker conferences, Baldet handily bridges the divide between Wall Street and the crypto set.
Baldet outlined how exciting new developments in the field can be balanced to build applications that could very well revolutionize the way transactions work in the digital age. In particular, she described how zero-knowledge proofs, a mind-bending mathematical approach to information privacy, can be integrated into all sorts of business transactions....
“The Internet of Value is just beginning to take shape, and it isn't just about peer to peer payments,” she says. “We're redefining how businesses and governments engage with each other, global citizens, and consumers. Building ethical, secure, scalable systems that work in the real world is a huge responsibility and I can't wait to share what we're working on.”
"The crypto economy is really a confluence of political, economic and technological drivers that are creating something wholly new," she tells CoinDesk. "It's fascinating."
In a series of interviews, these women laid bare their struggles, revealed their secrets to success, and told us about their next big idea. Whether she’s launching her career or is a seasoned veteran, an Olympian or CEO, the women in this group are united by their fierce visions for change.
Read more about Clovyr in the news on the Clovyr site.
- CoinDesk | Amber Baldet: Don’t Force Public Blockchains ‘Down Enterprises’ Throats’
- American Banker | ‘This is not a big boys club’: FINOS seeks to open up open source
- American Banker | Blockchain's backers concede it has been tainted by crypto
- Quartz | The currency of the future is personal data
- CNBC | Banks will trade cryptocurrency sooner than people think, says fmr. JPMorgan blockchain executive
- Fortune | Ex-JPMorgan Chase Blockchain Duo Unveil New Startup
- Glamour | Cryptocurrency Is Not Just a Boys' Club
- Quartz | Finally, a definition of workplace inclusion that's truly actionable
- MIT Technology Review | The world needs blockchains that blend idealism with pragmatism
- CoinDesk | Amber Baldet: Blockchain Alone Isn’t A Privacy Cure-All
- Bloomberg | Former JPMorgan Blockchain Head Says Focus Should Be on Privacy
- MIT Technology Review | Is the crypto world sexist? That might be the wrong question.
- American Banker | Women in Banking: Where JPMorgan Chase is with its board and its blockchain
- Fortune | JPMorgan's Blockchain Chief Is Setting Out on Her Own
- CNBC | JPMorgan's top blockchain executive Amber Baldet to leave for her own startup
- CoinDesk | JP Morgan's Amber Baldet On What Enterprise Wants from Ethereum
- Quartz | Visionaries Series: Blockchain expert Amber Baldet is disrupting Wall Street from the inside out
- CoinDesk | Most Influential in Blockchain 2017: Amber Baldet
- Fortune | Can this man build a better Bitcoin?
- The Lily | How one woman is making waves in two of America’s most competitive industries
- Fortune | Fortune's 40 Under 40 2017 - Amber Baldet #31
- American Banker | Women in Banking 'Best Banks' with female CEOs; JPMorgan’s blockchain leader's techie start
- Bloomberg | The Digital Banking Executive Securing Your Money With Blockchain
- Fortune | Why Big Business Is Racing to Build Blockchains
- IBTimes | Growth Of Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Foreshadows Blockchain Gold Rush
- MIT Technology Review | Why America’s Biggest Bank Digs Anonymous Cryptocurrency
- IBTimes | Quorum: J.P. Morgan's Ethereum fork could eat your lunch
- American Banker | ‘We’re in production’: Bank execs on the state of play for blockchain
- Wall Street Journal | J.P. Morgan Has a New Twist on Blockchain